If You’re A Homeowner, You Need To Know What NADCA Is
Who is NADCA?
NADCA is the global trade association representing the HVAC inspection, cleaning and restoration industry. We support members’ success with standards, education, certification, marketing and advocacy to promote the highest quality and ethical services.
Avoid the Scams
NADCA doesn’t have access to consumer contact information and therefore doesn’t provide information to air duct cleaning companies. If you’ve received calls stating otherwise, they are false claims.
NADCA Members Must…
- Meet strict requirements in order to be a member of NADCA.
- Have at least one NADCA certified Air Systems Cleaning Specialist (ASCS) on staff.
- Maintain general liability insurance.
- Agree to clean according to ACR, the NADCA Standard and comply with NADCA’s Code of Ethics.
NADCA Members Use Proper Cleaning Methods
Air duct cleaning is a misnomer. In actuality, the entire HVAC system should be cleaned. Failure to clean all components of the HVAC system can result in recontamination of the entire system, thus minimizing the benefits of cleaning.
Just as you wouldn’t clean only half of your living room floor, you also would not want to clean only part of your HVAC system. NADCA recommends cleaning the entire HVAC system, including the following components:
- air ducts
- drain pans
- air plenum
- blower motor and assembly
- heat exchanger
- air filter
- air cleaner